Holdheide Academy’s curriculum and teaching strategies are based on time tested and proven philosophies.
- Howard Gardner’s theory of Multiple Intelligence, whereby there are 5 different types of intelligence.
- How a child takes in information, when identified, allows his or her teachers to make learning relevant, and ease the intake of information and the application, as well as the internalization of that information.
- An International Baccalaureate program represents the best from many different countries rather than the exported national system of any one.
- IB encourages international-mindedness. To do this, we believe that students must first develop an understanding of their own cultural and national identity.
- We encourage a positive attitude to learning by encouraging students to ask challenging questions, to reflect critically, to develop research skills, and to learn how to learn.
- We encourage community service because we believe that there is more to learning than academic studies alone.